Shelving systems are made up of 3 basic components:
Basic designs are available when it comes to metal shelving brackets and it screws into the walls, while a shelf sits well on top of the brackets.
If you need to enhance the decor of living space, then you choose elaborate ones.
It is a simple process to instal metal shelf brackets with power tools or hand tools. If you use power tools, it will save the amount of time.
You have to take minimum tools with you while installing metal shelve brackets, such as screwdriver bit, stud finder, measuring tape etc.
Locate the Studs in the Wall
- Using an electronic stud finder to place the wall studs where you can mount the shelf standards and place a mark to symbolize each stud.
- Position the standards so top ends will be nearby to the ceiling.
- The top-end is the one with a countersunk screw hole that is very close to the standard edge.
How to Mount the Brackets
- Mount the standard at the desired height using 3-inch screws.
- Make sure the standard is plumb.
- Place the level on top of the mounted standard, mark a level at where the stud is located where the next standard will move on.
How to Attach the Shelves
- You can attach next shelf standard on the wall using 3-inch screws
- Make sure the carpenters level so that you can make a standard is plumb
- Enclose arm brackets to wall standards then install the shelves
Whether your home or office looks organized shelves to carry useful materials? We have provided bespoke shelving brackets & cabinet shelving units for over 40 years that give you the final choice in sizes along with modern styles.
About J&J Engineering
J & J Engineering (Walsall) Ltd, have over 40 Years of Experience With Tube Bending, Manufacturing Metal Pressings, Fabrication & Welding. We pride ourselves on offering a prompt, personal and flexible service at competitive prices!
We manufacture high-quality metal presswork, welded assembly components and products including bespoke shelving and roof safety barriers/systems for clients in Birmingham, Walsall, other places in the West Midlands and throughout the UK. Established in 1978 we have worked with companies to provide a wide range of metal pressing and welded assembly components and products.